Give Your Career A Boost.
Learning Medical English increases the opportunities of getting a promotion, a new job and a salary raise.
For those working in a medical field, it is important to be highly accurate and clear in their communication, but they also need to be able to show tact and sensitivity.
We aid the professional development of doctors, nurses and healthcare professionals who do not have English as their first language, where the ability to communicate effectively with English-speaking patients is a key factor.
Medical English course is designed to improve the communication skills and specialist English language knowledge of healthcare professionals, enabling them to work more confidently and effectively. With an emphasis on listening and speaking, the course covers areas such as:
- The language of patient interaction
- Patient Admission
- Asking for and describing symptoms
- Using plain English with patients
- People and places in the hospital
- Key patient interactions
- Taking Medical Specimens
- Patient Handover
- Discharge Planning
- Human anatomy and physiology
- Development of presentation skills
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to
- Study the language of medicine in various contexts
- Communicate effectively with patients
- Increased your awareness of specialised terminology
- Analyse real case scenarios
- Deal with challenging situations
- Participate in different international seminars and conferences.
Learners will have the opportunity to sit for the exam at the end of the course and successful candidates will receive their certificates from Cavendish International London. This will aid those learners who are planning:
- To work in an English-speaking country or in an international company.
- To develop an international career.
- To continue their education in the medical field at a university or school in an English-speaking country.
- Dates: New programs start every month in 2022
- Two 60 minutes sessions per week, schedule varies
- Plus 60 minutes conversation session per week, schedule varies
- Age: 18+
- Fees: 150 AZN per month (Medical English 1) prices are subject to change
- Course Length: 12 weeks
- Average Class Size: 6 participants
Private classes are also available.
All new learners must take an online placement test to determine their English level before starting the Medical English course.
The placement test is part of the required online pre-register orientation. Learners who do not obtain the required English level for this program advised to take Conversation and Fluency courses before resubmit application.
- In Hospital
- Private Tutor
The topics below are some of the units covered.
- Authentic medical texts, realistic patient scenarios
- A focus on communication skills to build rapport with patients
- Understanding and completing charts and documents
- Describing common hospital procedures
- Post-Operation Assessment
What makes our programme special?
Whatever your language or experience level, our objective is always the same: to give you the skills and confidence to use English immediately and effectively in a wide variety of contexts.
- Our trainers are very experienced - and they recognise that not all learners are the same. So, our courses are flexible enough to reflect the needs of participants.
- Authentic tasks and activities based on everyday life scenarios - from dealing with patients in pain to discussing lifestyle changes - make the course relevant and motivating.