Executive Communication Skills Training
This workshop is designed for senior executives who are constantly called upon to deliver high level communications. The objective is to make everyone that attends an exceptional speaker. By the end of the workshop participants will have the tools and techniques to be outstanding communicators.
The program includes a considerable “leading self” element. You will consider why you communicate the way you do, and make commitments to improve your approach with others. In an engaging learning environment, you will deepen your understanding of leadership effectiveness while building your communication abilities.
- The role of Emotional Intelligence in communication:
- being more self-aware, controlling defensive impulses, aligning your actions with your values, managerial compassion vs. holding people accountable
- Bringing out the talents of your team members
- The Johari Window:
- How we absorb and share information relevant to more effective, open, two-way working relationships
- Bolman and Deal’s 4 Frames:
- Choosing the best communication approach to given situations
- Managing difficult communications
- The art of giving and receiving feedback
- How hierarchy and power affect communication
- Honouring individual differences, building trust and respect
Special Features; This course is designed to develop real-world skills, while deepening your self-awareness. It employs a dynamic mix of group discussions, activity-based development and feedback to help you reach your potential.
- Uncover and define your own leadership and communication style
- Increase your self-awareness and understand how your actions and words affect others
- Use communication as an extension of interpersonal skills and personal leadership choices
- Recognise what motivates others, and communicate to them according to their needs
- Communicate with empathy and compassion
- Inspire people by appealing to their emotions
- Defuse and respond to difficult circumstances
Delivery: One Day Level: 4
Credit: 2 Award: Cavendish International Certificate