Join our English Summer School at the stunning city of Baku.
Our summer camp at Cavendish International Baku is set in the Ganjlik area of Baku, less than 10 minutes walk from the Heydar Aliyev Center and Ganjlik Mall. The college is purposed-built with a safe and self-contained accommodation. There are two sport complexes right in front of College, with a heated swimming pool, leisure facilities, and indoor sport facilities. We have a wide range of programmes and languages skill workshops, plus exciting excursions and cultural visits. Our team will do their best to make sure that your stay with us is enjoyable, challenging, and memorable.
What makes our programme special?
- Significantly improve your English in the core areas: reading, writing, speaking and listening, grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation.
- Practice your English with expert tutors, benefiting from tuition tailored to your needs
- More than 17 hours of tuition per week
- Develop independent travel and living experiences
- Expand your horizons, studying in an international setting
- Experience living in the beautiful city of Baku
- Have fun, experiencing sports and cultural activities
- A balanced diet, including national and international dishes
- Packed lunch on excursion days
- Action-packed activity programme
- Safe, self-contained accommodation
- Arranging safe airport pickup and drop-off
- Beautiful location in centre of Baku
- Caring and dedicated staff
- 1:4 staff to student ratio
- 24 hours supervision
- Free WIFI
- Free Metro card
- Free Local SIM card
Students will also have a chance to participate in a range of cultural and sport activities outside of the classroom, such as excursions to historic, cultural, and commercial sites of Baku. This will provide context and the chance for students to try out the skills they have learned in class, as well as building an appreciation of the English Language.
• Age: 12 + (Locals), 14+ Internationals
• Arrival on Sunday
• Departure on Saturday
• Course Length: 2 to 8 weeks
• Maximum Class Size: 9 students
General English (10 hours)
• Develop your communication Skills through role-plays, pair work and discussions
• Explore new techniques to help your improve your listening and reading skills
• Improve your written English by studying and writing emails, messages, letters and stories
• Plus a regular one-to-one tutorial with your teacher to discuss your progress
Language Skills Workshops (7 hours)
Debating, Presentation and Public Speaking
Students learn best when they are interested and invested in the topic. Our discussion and debate lessons focus on real world current events, sparking meaningful conversation in class.
Drama, Film Making and Social Media
• Study examples of different types of camera shots
• Learn about storyboarding and scriptwriting
• Reading and play-acting in drama sessions
• Discus responsible use of social media
Want to travel together with your child? Maybe take a course yourself at the same time? Contact our language travel experts and we will be happy to consult about the best program for you.
Special dietary requirements can generally be provided. Just let us know and we will check with the school.